March 21, 2020
6 pm to about 8 pm
Shanghai City Restaurant, 548 Fisgard St, Victoria
The suggested dinner menu is as follows:
– Dehydrated “Tea Mushroom” with pork rib double-boiled soup
– Lotus leaf steamed chicken with Cordyceps blossoms
– Stir-fried rib eye steak with fried garlic
– Shredded pork and shiitake mushroom chow mein
– Assorted mushrooms on Chinese greens
– Sliced King Oyster Mushroom with Celery
– Enoki mushrooms with Silken Egg tofu and broccoli
– Garlic jumbo prawns with Glutinous Sticky Rice
Fortune Cookies, Tea and Steamed Rice
$38 all-inclusive of food, tax and tip
This event is open to all SVIMS members and their friends.
We have to give the exact number of participants to the Shanghai City
Restaurant shortly after the SVIMS March 5 meeting, and you have to pay in
advance. Register early, we cannot have more than 50 to 55 guests! Tell us
about your dietary restrictions in advance; we will have to ask the restaurant if they would be able to find any substitutes for you.
How to pay:
Payment can be made by cheque or cash at the SVIMS February or March meetings
(ensure “Pay to” is “South Vancouver Island Mycological Society”),
or by e-transfer sent to email@example.com using password “svims” (if
your financial institution requires six characters use “svims1”).
Payments to be received no later than Monday, March 10. (NOTE: Payments are not
refundable after the March 10 cut-off date!)
Note: Please, keep in mind the change of the place.
The menu was suggested by Mrs. Vicky Low, the original Golden City owner and the meals will be prepared by the same chef who made many of our mushroom meals in Golden City and also the last ones in Don Mee. On January 1st, this “our” chef moved to the Shanghai City Restaurant, and we are following him there.
If you have any comments or questions, send them to me at
All the best luck in the Chinese New Year!