Traditional SVIMS Mushroom Chinese Dinner will be at a new place:
Don Mee Restaurant, 538 Fisgard St, Victoria, BC
Saturday, March 16, from 6 pm to about 8 pm Price: $38.- (that includes taxes and gratuities)
This event is open to everybody who is interested in the use of mushrooms in traditional Chinese cuisine. You don’t have to be a SVIMS member to attend, and you can bring your friends.
We have to give the exact number of participants to the Don Mee Restaurant shortly after the SVIMS March 7 meeting, and you have to pay in advance.
How to pay:
You can pay either by cash at the March 7 SVIMS meeting, or by cheque.
If you pay by cheque, make it payable to
South Vancouver Island Mycological Society, NOT, I repeat NOT to SVIMS.
Send the cheque to:
Unit 501, 5350 Sayward Hill Crescent,
The menu and meals with be similar to those we used to have in the Golden City Restaurant (the chef is the same). Vicky Low, who used to suggest our menu in the Golden City, also put the coming event menu together. We agreed on the following dishes:
1. MUSHU “Fungus” and Shredded Pork Wraps
2. Hot and Sour Mushroom and Shrimp Soup
3. Free Range Chicken with Black Truffle
4. “Fat Choy” Black Moss Fungus with Shitake Mushrooms and Broccoli
5. Braised Abalone Mushrooms with Bok Choy
6. Black Pepper Steak with Mushrooms
7. “Sam See” Chow Mein (shredded meat and mushrooms)
8. Mushroom, Pickled Mustard Green and Chicken Fried Rice
The chef is pretty flexible and can accommodate any special requests and food restrictions.
Hope to see you there!
Adolf (& Oluna) Ceska