Calling all SVIMS members to submit your art/photos for the
2021 Mushroom Calendar
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: July 30th 2020.
WHO CAN SUBMIT:
- Only SVIMS members in good standing may enter their art or photographs for the calendar.
- Before July 30th contact Krisztina at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange how to submit your artwork and/or photos.
Visually appealing and artistic art and/or photographs that illustrate:
- the diversity of mushrooms found on southern Vancouver Island, or
- mushroom cookery, art or crafts, or
- interaction of mushrooms with people, animals, other organisms or the environment, or
- SVIMS events or activities.
The purpose of the calendar is to celebrate the joy of mushrooming and
to inform people about mushrooms growing on southern Vancouver Island.
A Selection Panel chooses the photographs for the calendar.
- No more than 10 photos from each SVIMS member.
- No one will have more than one photo in the calendar, so there is a good chance that one of yours will be selected.
- High resolution version must be available (2,000 pixels in width) to be included in the calendar.
- Low resolution (approximately 600×800 pixels) photos are provided to the Selection Panel.
Try to provide identification information for each mushroom such as when your saw the mushroom, where you found it, habitat (e.g. on or near what kind of trees), spore colour.
* Also may include any other supportive photos but not necessarily of high resolution